Google

Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Fridge Full of Beer

"Beer that is not drunk has missed it's vocation."--Meyer Breslau, 1880

I have a drinking problem. Alright, it is not so much a drinking problem as it is a collection problem. I am addicted to buying beer. I cannot go into a beer store without leaving with a variety of beer. Sadly, the beer doesn't even have to be new to me or my taste buds, I can walk out with just as many "old friends" as new ones. That is my problem.

What is even worse is that I do not even get to drink these beers. They are becoming stockpiled in my spare fridge. This is the fridge that cannot fit food due to the beer bottles lined up throughout. The very same fridge I talked my wife into purchasing because it would be great to have extra food space, especially around the holidays.

My problem was not really a problem until a year or two ago. I used to go to the beer store, find the beer I wanted and then bring it home and drink it. No problem. My problem started to surface when my home pub was built and three beers were placed on tap (Guinness, a home brew and a micro-seasonal). Now, I lean towards drinking beer from my taps. Prior to installing the pub, I had told my wife we would save money once the kegs were set-up because we would not have to purchase "bottles" of beer anymore. That is when I realized I was addicted to buying beer. I rationalized in my mind purchasing bottles of beer for the times when my wife and I would go out to eat. I figured we would only go to BYOB places, this way I was guaranteed good beer. I also knew that I needed a constant variety of beers to review and critique for my "Beer Hobby." Well, it turns out, since we had our baby girl, we don't actually get out a lot. We are home so much, the other day, my 2 year old daughter asked me if I wanted to have a beer with our dinner. Sad, but true.

The other part of my problem is that when I see a beer I like, I just don't buy one bottle, I buy two. So, even if I drink one, the other is becoming part of the stockpile. At this point and time I have a veritable smorgasbored of beer, not only in my spare fridge, but also in the area of my house I use as a "celler" to age my high alcohol beers. What can I do?

Each year I have a beer party at my house where all the guests are required to bring a different style of beer. We then taste all the different styles and drink our favorites. This year, I am telling the guests not to bring beer. We are going to have an intervention. We will drink all of my beer. I will not be guilty of contributing to the beer that has missed it's vocation.


The Beers

90 Minute IPA: Dogfish head outdid itself and thanks to Wayne at my Beer store, I have a keg of it in my home pub. This is an incredible beer. Buy it in the bottle, have it on tap. Just drink it. Doc's Place in Somers Point, NJ has it coming out of the faucet. This is a sipping beer. To be enjoyed and relished.

Bittersweet Lenny's R.I.P.A: He'Brew the Chosen Beer, from New York. The label is enough to make you purchase this beer. Hilarious. A double IPA that clocks in at 10% alcohol. A hop lovers delight. Great beer.

Below Decks: Heavy Sea's Beer from Clipper City Brewery in Baltimore produced a fine Barleywine Style ale. This is a drinkable barleywine. A session barleywine if there could be such a thing. Great taste and moderate alcohol content allows you to enjoy more than a few of these beers.

15th Anniversary India Pale Ale from Otter Creek: Talk about a beer that you can enjoy more than one of. It is a shame this is an anniverary beer. Stock up now, so that you will have a few to last until their 20th anniversary. Sweet, malty smell let's you know that alcohol is an ingrediant. Nice hop bite, even better hop kickback. A delicious beer worthy of celebrating anyone's anniversary.

13 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://sopriventontes.net/][img]http://sopriventontes.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]buy photoshop cd, [url=http://tonoviergates.net/]education discount on software[/url]
[url=http://sopriventontes.net/]free software of macromedia[/url] office 2003 academic version adobe acrobat 9 pro download
coreldraw 12 trial [url=http://sopriventontes.net/]kaspersky 8.0.0.454a.b key[/url] teacher educational software solutions
[url=http://sopriventontes.net/]software retail stores[/url] microsoft freeware software
[url=http://sopriventontes.net/]on software purchases[/url] adobe creative suite 4 torrent
how to design filemaker pro plugin [url=http://sopriventontes.net/]education software store[/url][/b]

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

20151027 junda
coach factory outlet
nfl jerseys
Gucci Outlet Online Sale
Abercrombie T-Shirts
hollister clothing store
ugg boots
michael kors outlet
Michael Kors Outlet Handbags Factory Price
ugg boots
toms outlet
abercrombie
mont blanc
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet
Coach Outlet Store Online Shop
canada goose outlet
michael kors outlet
Abercrombie and Fitch Outlet Sale
Louis Vuitton Bags Outlet Store
michael kors bags
Wholesale Authentic Designer Handbags
ugg outlet store
air max 95,nike golf,nike janoski,air max 1,nike canada,nike plus,nike shox,nike factory store
michael kors handbag
Louis Vuitton Handbags For Cheap
cheap ugg boots
Christian Louis Vuitton Red Bottoms
coach outlet store online
true religion outlet
canada goose jackets

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

cheap tiffanys
nike dunks
fitflops sale
ralph lauren online,cheap ralph lauren
tiffany and co outlet online
ray ban sunglasses outlet
michael kors handbags
true religion store
http://www.cheapairjordan.us
nfl jerseys
michael kors outlet
air jordans,cheap air jordans,air jordan shoes,air jordan 11,air jordan 13,air jordan 6,air jordan 4
adidas nmd runner
links of london
toms outlet store
adidas yeezy boost
nike kobe sneakers
nike huaraches
ralph lauren uk
chrome hearts online store
louboutin shoes
kobe basketball shoes
tiffany online
cheap real jordans
michael kors handbags
ray ban uk,cheap ray ban sunglasses
fitflops clearance

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Mick Jhon said...

awesome.
http://sickbits.net/

 
At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Pengobatan Sakit Pinggang said...


This article is interesting and useful. Thank you for sharing. And let me share an article about health that God willing will be very useful. Thank you :)

Penyebab Sering Nyeri Ulu Hati
Solusi untuk Menanggulangi Osteoporosis
Obat Penyakit Crohn
Vitamin Penguat Tulang dan sendi
Cara Mengobati Abses Payudara Tanpa Operasi
Cara Menyembuhkan DBD

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Cara Pemesanan QnC Jelly Gamat said...

This article is interesting and useful. And let me share an article about health which insha Allah will be very useful if we use it again for others.

Obat Untuk Mengobati penyakit osteoarthritis
Cara Mengobati Penyakit Gula Darah
Obat Untuk Penyakit TBC
Cara Mengobati Jamur Mulut
Cara Mengobati Telinga Berair
Bahaya Penyakit Muntaber dan cara mengatasinya

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger nuy keroppi915 said...

thank you very useful information admin, and pardon me permission to share articles here may help Cara menyembuhkan asma secara alami

 
At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Obat Dermatitis Statis said...

Any disease will surely recover, if we want businesses seek treatment :)

Cara Ampuh Mengatasi Kaligata
Pengobatan Alternatif Atasi Sinusitis
Cara Ampuh Mengobati Penyakit Muntaber
Cara Mujarab Mengobati Dermatomiositis
Obat Herbal Mimisan Menahun
Pengobatan Herbal Jantung Bengkak

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank has been sharing this information
obat batu ginjal alami
obat anyag anyangan
obat lyimphadenitis
obat singkayo

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Obat Asma ALami said...

Thanks for the information, this is very useful. Allow me to share a health article here, which gods are beneficial to us. Thank you :)

Inilah Penyebab Mual dan Muntah secara Tiba-tiba
Cara Menyembuhkan Syaraf Kejepit
Obat Keloid Menahun
Cara Mengobati Biduran (kaligata)
Obat Sakit Kepala Berputar (Vertigo)
Pengobatan Polip di Usus tanpa Operasi

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger anosh said...

شركة عزل خزانات بالبدائع
شركة عزل خزانات بعنيزه
شركة عزل خزانات بالبكيرية
شركة عزل خزانات بعيون الجواء
شركة عزل خزانات بالزلفي
شركة عزل خزانات بالمذنب
شركة عزل خزانات بالقصيم
شركة عزل خزانات ببريدة
نصائح تتعلف بتنظيف واستخدام وتركيب خزانات المياه.

1- من الأفضل إبلاغ كل شخص في المنزل أنك ستبدأ تنظيف الخزان.
2- تجنب استخدام الماء أثناء تنظيف الخزان خصيصًا للطهي أو الشرب.
3- خذ كمية نظيفة من المياه النظيفة قبل تنظيف الخزانات ، خاصة للطهي والشرب.
4- تأكد من إغلاق فتحة الخزان بإحكام لمنع التسرب.
5- يجب الانتباه إلى المياه المستخدمة للطهي أو الشرب. إذا لوحظ أي تعكر ، يجب استبداله بمياه نظيفة.
6- رعاية سلامة الخزان وتنظيفه بشكل دوري كل ستة أشهر.
7- يمكن استخدام مياه الخزانات لري نباتات الحدائق المنزلية ، واستخدامها لملء البركة ، وغسل السيارة أو تنظيف الحديقة.
8- لا تعبث مع صمام عائم أو فجوة الهواء.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger anosh said...

شركة عزل فوم ببريدة
شركة عزل فوم بالقصيم
شركة عزل فوم بالبدائع
شركة عزل فوم بالزلفي
شركة عزل فوم بعيون الجواء
شركة عزل فوم بالمذنب
شركة عزل فوم بعنيزة
شركة عزل فوم بالرس
شركة عزل فوم بالبكيرية
ماذا تعرف عن عزل الفوم؟
يمكن استخدامها كبديل للعزل المائي والعزل الحراري. وهي لا تسمح بتسرب الماء بين المفاصل والخليط المصنوع من المادة العازلة ، مما يجعلها مادة سميكة يصعب اختراق سطح المنزل ولضمان عدم حدوث التشققات في طبقات السقف واستقرار درجة حرارة

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger anosh said...

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالزلفي
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالبدائع
شركة مكافحة حشرات المذنب
شركة مكافحة حشرات بعيون الجواء
شركة رش مبيدات بالمذنب
شركة رش مبيدات بعيون الجواء
شركة رش مبيدات بالزلفي
شركة رش المبيدات بالبدائع
نعلم جميعًا أن وجود الحشرات في أي مكان يختلف وفقًا للبيئة ووفقًا للموسم ، بالإضافة إلى أنه يختلف وفقًا لنوع الحشرات الموجودة في المكان ؛ ولهذا السبب ، تظهر العديد من الحشرات في أماكن مختلفة وهذا يرجع إلى العديد من الأسباب التي تجعل البعض يملك القدرة على التحكم به ، والبعض الآخر يصعب وضع خطة مناسبة له في جميع الحالات ، يجب أن يكون على علم ببعض هذه الأسباب لتفادي حدوثها في وقت لاحق ونحن سنعرض لك بعض الأسباب التي يجب أن تكون على علم بها لتجنب حدوث الاصابة بالحشرات لاحقًا

 

Post a Comment

<< Home